This came from my follow DSD contributor, Jay Stringer. Now, I'm not a big meme man, but I do like to talk absolute rubbish, so I figured why not use the meme and give away that one last spare copy of THE GOOD SON to ayone who can figure out when I'm telling the truth.
Here's the rules of the meme as laid out by Stringer:
-Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth – or – switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
-Nominate some more “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies of their own.
-Post links to the blogs you nominate.
And here are the statements with the possible truths and the possible lies:
1) I was so excited when I had the chance to meet James Ellroy that I vomitted on the person in the queue in front of me and had to be escorted from the event. It took ten years for me to finally get the chance to see him again and this time I kept my cool.
2) I have an unnatural fear of porcelain. No, I don't know why, either, but that stuff fuckin' creeps me out.
3) Under a pseodonym, I have been nominated for erotic fiction awards.
4) I was originally to have been called Shaun. But my mum changed her mind because she figured that playground bullies might taunt, "Shaun, Shaun, the leprechaun."
5) First holiday in the US, my dad accidentally rear-ended someone on the freeway. Turned out to be Steven Speilberg.
6) I only have four toes on my left foot after an accident involving a fire door.
7) Despite my well-documented antipathy towards Mel Gibson movies, I was actually an extra in Braveheart.
So... six truths and one lie?
One truth and six lies?
And which statement is the odd one out?
Let's make it more fun for you. If you get it right, I will send you a hardbacked and signed copy of THE GOOD SON. In the event of more than one person gettig it right, there will be another draw from my glamorous assistant.
Go on... you can leave your ideas in the comments thread. Or send your guess and details to crimescenescotland_at_yahoo.co.uk with the header LIAR, LIAR, BEARD'S ON FIRE. Deadline is two weeks from today (sun 28 March).
And, no, I think most folks I'd nominate have done this one so there's no real point tagging, especially as I'm only responding so late after the orginal meme. But if you haven't done this and fancy it, feel free to consider yourself tagged.