Friday, October 01, 2010

Off on the road to... America

Mes amis

The passport is checked, the bag is packed and I'm raring to go. October 7 sees the tour start officially, but before then I'll be bumming annonymously(ish) around the country for a few days.

Anyway, for those going to Bouchercon, you'll be very pleased to know that that master of Irish Eye Fiction, Declan Hughes will be joining the merry band at the Robert B Parker panel. Declan's novels featuring Ed Loy are a particular favourite here at Casa McLean so we'll be honoured to have him on board.

In other news, when I come back I'll also be taking part in the Readers Day with Fife Libraries. I'll be discussing my ownTHE LOST SISTER and also Walter Mosely's DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS which I consider a very big influence in many ways on the way I write and read crime fiction.

And for those in the states wondering where I'll be on tour:


Thursday 7 October 2010 - appearing at Once Upon a Crime, Minneapolis, 7pm.

Friday 8 October, 2010 - Murder by The Book. Houston TX, 6:30pm

Saturday 9 October 2010 - The Mystery Bookstore, Los Angeles, 3pm

Monday 11 October 2010: Poisoned Pen Bookstore, Scottsdale AZ, 7pm

October 14 - 17, Bouchercon 2010, San Francisco

I should also be leaving behind some signed copies in NYC but more info on that as it arrives.

And, finally, here's some very kind words from the wondrous Zoe Sharp who just finished THE LOST SISTER:

'Russel D McLean's second novel about tortured Scottish PI J McNee is a dark, downbeat, and wholly driven piece of intense writing that keeps you gripped from the very first page and stays with you long after the last is done. Slick and cynical, it confirms an outstanding new talent in crime noir.'

Cynical? Moi? Oh, yes. But its an honour to have an author whose work you admire say such lovely things.

Anyway, mes amis, I hope to see many of you stateside soon. And until then,

au revoir

Russel

No comments: