Saturday, September 04, 2010

"When you goooooo, will you send back..."

Mes Amis


Am I insane?


Well, we all know the answer to that question. But I ask this question as I have been recently tearing out my beard (don't worry, it'll grow back) trying to get all my ducks in a row for


THESE AYE MEAN STREETS AMERICAN TOUR 2010


Oh, yes. You read that right. I'm heading across the water to the USofA in a blatant attempt to not only increase awareness of me books, but also to see a country that has been very kind to me as a writer over these last several years.



So if you want to catch me, I'll be at the following places at the following times:



Thursday 7 October 2010 kicks off the proceedings at Once Upon a Crime in Minneapolis at 7pm where I'll be talking books, writing and why a sporran should be worn just off-center when dancing.

Friday 8 October finds me with the kids at Murder by the Book in Houston, TX at 7pm for more frolicsome fun and terrifyingly true tales from the life of a Scots crime writer and bookseller.

After a small break (to catch me breath) I'll be at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ, where I might be persuaded to explain why, last time I was in the city, I was almost set upon by a bunch of local sports fans thanks to a very slight faux-pas from my 12 year old self (before they realised I was Scottish and probably had no idea what I was saying).

And then, oh its Bouchercon, baby, in SanFran. If nothing else, I'll be at the bar when I'm not in attendance at the marevellous entertainments being set up by the Glorious Organisers.



I hope to see you there, mes amis

Au Revoir

Russel

2 comments:

M Harold Page said...

Nice to meet you at Vanessa's...
:)

Russel said...

Zornhau, my man

Grand to meet you, too. And best of luck with the projects; keep me up to date with what happens! (and like I said, patience and persistence are the keys!)