Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum…"


Mes Amis
Okay, I'm posting this for no other reason than - aside from the return of Indy - there's not another film next year that has me filled so much with equal parts excitement and dread.
I have faith in Nolan, of course. From Memento on, he's produced nothing but quality. Yeah, I know some people didn't like Insomnia so much but... I did, and that's all that counts (really, Robin Williams was genuinely creepy, Pacino was on form and the sense of isolation and exahusation was just amazing).
And I love the fact that this Joker doesn't look so... clean. Like the non-traditional approach to The Scarecrow that impressed me in Begins, this looks like a genuine psychopath. A guy who's just plain messed up. Its a real world interpretation that crosses enough points with the comic-world Joker to make it work.
Of course, let's see how he does in full walking and talking mode but for now...
Roll on The Dark Knight...
Au revoir
Russel

No comments: